We've thrown standard Size Guides out the window. We recognise that everybody is unique, and so is every BODY. That's why we aren't going to ask you which box you fit in, and instead we create each piece custom made to fit YOU and your body measurements. Our items are SIZE:YOU, just like it states on our labels.
Measuring is much easier and straight forward than you might think. Click the 'Size Guide' tab on each product listing to view the Measuring Guide. You can also view our Measuring Video, which has lots of hints and tips below.
Don't forget you can sign up to our Mailing List to receive a free downloadable 'Know Your Body' Worksheet, which has places for you to keep a record of your measurements and has even more hints and tips to help you on your way.
To be able to order a custom made bra from us, we will need two measurements. Before you measure there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Measure without a bra, or if you have larger breasts, with a bra on that has little or no padding.
- Don't pull the tape too tightly. It should lay flat against your skin but not dig in anywhere.
- If in doubt, have someone help you, but it is possible to measure yourself accurately with a bit of practice.
The two measurements we need are as follows:
1. Your Full Bust: This measurement is taken around the fullest part of your bust. Not necessarily around your nipples, but around the biggest part of your boobies. Make sure the tape is laying flat and doesn't twist, and also make sure that it is sitting pretty straight across your back and doesn't arch up or sag down. If you have larger boobies like me, your breasts may drop down when you do not have a bra on (thanks breastfeeding and gravity!), so it's an idea to perhaps wear a bra when measuring to keep your boobs supported to be able to measure the fullest part easier (just make sure the bra has little or no padding), or if you can rope somebody in to helping you measure, simply lifts your arms up when measuring which will lift your breasts.
2. Your Band: This is where your bra band sits. Simple. It's underneath your boobs, on your rib cage. If your boobs fall down over this area when you are bra-less, just slip the tape underneath your ladies to make sure you are only measuring your band area and not getting any breast tissue in the way by mistake. If someone is helping you here, lift your arms up while they measure to make it a bit easier.